[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source Raster Tracing - What Is Available?

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oadigital.net
Thu Feb 4 12:01:15 PST 2010

Take a look at Potrace. Conveniently, gvSIG's Remote Sensing Extension
has integrated Potrace and contour line extraction support. It also
handles the grayscale conversion job quite nicely, all in one nifty
wizard interface and straight on your GIS raster layers.

If you don't want to go through all the trouble of downloading
gvSIG and the Remote Sensing Extension and installing them separately,
you can use our all-in-one installer package here:

http://www.oadigital.net/software/gvsigoade/gvsigoade2010beta

Cheers,

Ben