[OSGeo-Discuss] WMS Support in C# .NET Project

James Seppi james.seppi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 14:48:06 PST 2010

Hi all,

I am working to implement WMS support in the MapWindow GIS  (
http://mapwindow.org) in support of the upcoming release of HydroDesktop (
http://hydrodesktop.org). HydroDesktop is a relatively new open source
project in C# .NET that aims to serve the hydrologic sciences community by
providing a client to download and organize hydrologic data. For its
GIS-related tasks, HydroDesktop utilizes the MapWindow6 library.

The project would really like to be able to display some "pretty" basemaps
in its map interface.  To accomplish this, I've been trying to figure out
how to get maps through requests to WMS.  I'd appreciate it if anyone could
take a look at my code and let me know if I am going along the right track
or not.  Additionally, if any C# developers would like to contribute to the
HydroDesktop or MapWindow projects we'd be much obliged!

Best regards,

James Seppi
Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Research in Water Resources