[OSGeo-Discuss] A FOSS Geo Project in India

Sajith VK sajithvk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 09:03:48 PST 2010

Hi Sayers,

Thanks for the mail, and sorry for the delay in responsig.
We are using automated dispatch, but the routing is decided
on the server side, and communicated to client (Vehicle Mount Unit)
as text.

Our vehicle mount units are not capable of performing routing on its
own. On the server side, we use GRASS to perform routing dynamically.

Regarding map data, we have created all GIS layers for the entire area
as part of this project itself. Started with Quick bird imagery and some
existing vector datasets, and later completed and verified through
field surveys.

Sajith VK
Freedom is not Free