[OSGeo-Discuss] Tickets and OpenStreetMap

Arnie Shore shoreas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 10:55:54 EDT 2010

Bob, as an early step into moving tickets toward OSGeo, I've gathered the
OSM tile sets of an county area of somewhere around 3600 sq. mi, at zoom
levels from 9 to 17, for among other reasons to see what the storage server
requirements might be for a slippy map presentation with full zoom.

Which turn out to be 'impressive'.  But I expect there's a good bit of
tweaking available that cd cut it down - if needed.

My question fer yah relates to what a reasonable storage budget might be for
a representative application like CAD.  Any ideas?

Admittedly very hypothetical, but what the heck!

AS