[OSGeo-Discuss] Comparison of Mobile GIS applications

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 13:24:34 PDT 2010

Miguel,
I'm excited to hear your presentation was selected. I think there is a
lot of interest in mobile GIS and seeing an overview of technologies
will be of great interest to the general community, so I expect you will
have a large audience to present to.

I saw an interesting presentation from Geoffrey Shea and Professor
Jiannong Cao at the FIG conference [1]. They have built a mobile
application based upon open source on a Windows Mobile. I understand
they have already, or are going to publish their source code as an Open
Source project.

Geoffrey, Professor Cao,
I wonder whether you would be interested in joining Miguel's comparison
of GIS Mobile applications?
Also, could you please point us to the location of the code for your
project. Is it on Google Code or similar?

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=libmobilegis+fig