[OSGeo-Discuss] Comment on OSGeo Project Marketing template before we set it in stone

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Fri Jun 4 23:29:13 PDT 2010

The graphics team assures me I have no understanding of typography either (nor anything else to do with graphics), but that might be more about my insistence that they try tools that are not part of Adobe CS*. Particularly after I suggested the alternatives might be good enough for them to do their jobs!

I'd be licence-aware (because you want to embed the font into the PDF and have it available for others to use as needed) and stick to one typeface - for a nice modern Sans look I'd consider URW Gothic L (distributed under the GPLv2) or more traditional Sans Serif look go with Liberation Sans (Arial-ish) as kindly provided by Redhat. Both are available with all good Linux distributions and available for free download for users of operating systems that do not have these fonts in their repositories (or even <gasp> don't have repositories...).

Cheers

Chris