[OSGeo-Discuss] 5 Star OSGeo project maturity rating

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 19:23:52 PDT 2010

Agreed on it being a hassle.

However the OSGeo foundation also has a responsibility to users - who *really* want to see a feature list and to be able to compare projects. The foundation can take steps to help projects communicate - and this is the task/mandate of the marketing committee.

Competition and Collaboration are both key.

I am also happy to see the marketing committee engaging with projects directly; I hope they also have some volunteer hours for writing and are not expecting developers to step away from their core responsibility to the codebase.

Jody