[OSGeo-Discuss] Comment on OSGeo Project Marketing template before we set it in stone

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Sun Jun 6 22:19:14 PDT 2010

The ODF adoption/marketing committee of OASIS would be ever so annoyed about your referencing ODF as the OpenOffice.org format as the whole point is that OpenDocument is not a memory dump of an application converted to some vague approximation of XML, but a genuine open standard which OpenOffice.org have made its default file format. Among the supporting evidence is that is the default format of KOffice as well as of OpenOffice and its derivatives. Oh and its being a published standard and legal status...