[OSGeo-Discuss] displaying complex GML in web-based enviroment ?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Tue Jun 15 08:24:29 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 09:06:59AM -0600, Stefan Steiniger wrote:
> not sure - but I know deegree was always quite up to date with the
> standards.
> but if it does 3.1.1?
>
> http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/deegree3/HowToWorkWithGML
> the text in the page mentions version 3.1

This doesn't look like a 'web based environment'? I thought deegree
was a desktop app.

I expect OpenLayers is probably the closest thing, but handling
'complex GML 3.1.1 features' sounds like you're working with a
custom handler of some kind; isn't the whole point of 'complex
features' that they are combining app-specific data/formatting,
etc. into the GML? Or perhaps 'complex' means something different
in this case?

-- Chris

> stefan
>
> Raj Singh schrieb:
>> I would love to know this too!
>> ---
>> Raj
>>

>> On Jun 15, at 10:00 AM, andrea giacomelli wrote:
>>
>>> Hi - I received a request from a team who is not (yet) on the discussion list

>>> ...We are looking for free/open source package which can display
>>> complex GML 3.1.1 features in a web based environment, and supports
>>> both WFS and WMS

Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer