[OSGeo-Discuss] RE: FOSS4G Technology review presentations - Web clients

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 14:04:22 PDT 2010

Who else will have project comparison material developed for FOSS4G
which you would like incorporated into the OSGeoLive DVD to be handed
out at FOSS4G?

German,
As mentioned earlier, I think that comparison summaries like this one
you have created is hugely valuable to new users considering migrating
to Open Source.
The first question I usually get at an OSGeo marketing booth is "What
should I use to do XXX?"
I'll send you some detailed feedback and suggestions directly.

What I'd like to do is hear from everyone who is planning to create
comparison material, and then agree on a common format for presenting
that material.

Below are presentations which may be candidates:

39,"Mobile","Comparativa",271,"A comparison of GIS mobile applications","Miguel Montesinos","PRODEVELOP",

61,"Desktop","3D",254,"Comparison of Open Source Virtual Globes","Mathias Walker","Sourcepole AG",

50,"Standard","Comparativa",138,"Comparison of SOS-Servers: 52°North, UMN and deegree ","Mayer Christian","terrestris GmbH&  Co KG",

5,"Comparativas","Caché",137,"TileCache,GeowebCache and MapProxy - a technical and usability comparison","Till Adams","terrestris GmbH&  Co KG",

31,"Desktop","Comparativa",363,"Gesopatial Desktop Comparison","Cameron Shorter","Lisasoft",

3,"Comparativas","OGC",81,"Web Mapping Performance Shootout","Jeff McKenna","Gateway Geomatics",

11,"Comparativas","BDD",38,"Beyond PostGIS - New developments in Open Source Spatial Databases","Karsten Vennemann","TerraGIS Ltd",

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254