[OSGeo-Discuss] One week till OSGeo-Live Feature Freeze

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 14:00:21 PDT 2010

In one week, we will be locking in software versions on this year's
OSGeo-Live DVD <http://live.osgeo.org>, which will be handed to every
delegate at FOSS4G 2010 <http://2010.foss4g.org>, as well as many other
Geospatial events. At the OSGeo stand at conferences, the OSGeo-Live DVD
is by far the most sought after marketing item we have, with delegates
consistently asking for extra copies.

So please ensure that all install scripts are pointing at the latest
stable software, and if you wish to see your favorite stable OSGeo
application on OSGeo-Live, then contact us right now.

    Resources

    * How to get a project on OSGeo-Live:
      http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project
      <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project>
    * Schedule
      <http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB>

          o 5 July 2010: Feature freeze
          o 2 August 2010: Final delivery for User Acceptance Test

    About OSGeo-Live

OSGeo-live <http://live.osgeo.org> is an XUbuntu <http://xubuntu.org>
based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a
Live DVD, Virtual Machine and soon to be released USB. You can use
OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software
without installing anything.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director