[OSGeo-Discuss] Using Open source GIS software to achieve same effect as that of Google maps API

Siddhesh siddheshgandhi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 08:36:58 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I am currently using google maps to zoom to a particular area (100 m X 100
m) by giving longitude and latitude.
So I directly get satellite image of required area.

But I would like to do above thing using open source GIS data (raster
images).

I have Arcview 9.3 and ArgSDE.

Is there any way, I can get any raster data (on the fly using a program) by
giving longitude and latitude information and still zoom to sufficient level
to see 100 X 100 area.

Basically, I want to zoom to a level to see atleast all buildings available
in 100 X 100 area.

I am using C# language and I have postgres database with postgis extensions.

Please let me know if anyone knows about this.