[OSGeo-Discuss] Spatial Clustering/Data Mining

Andy Turner A.G.D.Turner at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 30 06:11:30 PDT 2010

Hi Kumaran, OSGeo,

As part of the SPIN!-project funded by the European Commission I was involved in developing a cluster component to a suite of spatial data mining tools. It is a standalone java implementation of numerous spatial clustering routines including GAM/K. Ian Turton, now at Penn State may have developed this further or taken parts to integrate with GeoVISTA Studio. I think Ian checks this list and hopefully he can point you to something more up to date.

Anyway, the source code is available via the following URL:
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/src/andyt/java/projects/Spin/spin-cluster/cluster.zip

At the web page at the following URL you can find a tutorial and some supporting documentation:
http://www.ccg.leeds.ac.uk/software/gam/

Best wishes,

Andy
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/