[OSGeo-Discuss] fastest option of serving huge imagery on web map on the fly

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri May 21 01:30:36 PDT 2010

On 21.05.2010, at 09:57, miblon wrote:
> In my opinion (but of course Karsten needs to answer that himself) he needs wms as I think he mentioned before.

Even then MapProxy should be faster. The overhead of MrSid/JP2 is larger compared to the simple access to cached tiles.

> I may be wrong assuming that mapproxy caches every unique wms request as a unique image.

Then you could just use Squid :)
No, MapProxy does cache single square tiles and then merges and transforms the tiles back to full WMS responses.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR