[OSGeo-Discuss] offline maps

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 10:36:43 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Arnie Shore <shoreas at gmail.com> wrote:
> A semi-minor point, re " ... Google prohibits offline caching of their data.
> ... ":  Not axactly.  The major TOU restriction is that their images may be
> used *only* with their API.

Possibly. I haven't studied their terms in detail because I haven't
run into a situation where I would violate them. But, yes, one should
do their own due diligence on what is allowed and what is not.

Anyway, the original thread is on how to make maps and data available
without Internet access. I hope the OP now has enough information to
know this is possible and relatively not-that-difficult.

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org