[OSGeo-Discuss] Greek Inspire Metadata Editor (gimed)

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Nov 9 14:35:33 PST 2010

Cameron:

> > Why was gimed developed rather than extending GeoNetwork?

Angelos:

> - When developing for HEMCO project, the time frame was very limited and
> I estimated that a clean implementation would be faster.
> - The project's specifications were also requiring C# because other non
> FOSS API's were involved.

I (too) was curious about that Angele (talming about C# and Mono). It is not
clear to me, as an end-user, if and what dangerous license implications could
rise in the future (reading: http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono).

I hope we will find the time to discuss about this and other issues in the
upcoming GeoDataCamp in Athens.

Cheers, Nikos