[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G rpm packaging

vijinair vijivijayakumar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 02:03:09 PST 2010

Hi,

I am a Fedora project contributor and have been working on Linux for the
last 10+ years, specifically on GIS projects for the last 4+ years.

We are adding more GIS application to fedora. If everything goes fine, there
will a GIS/Geo spin for Fedora 15. Please have a look at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Geo_Spin
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GIS

The following new packages have been pushed for Fedora 13/14 and rawhide
(F15), currently under testing.

pgRouting (Provides routing functionality to PostGIS/PostgreSQL)
tilecache (A web map tile caching system)

To test:
 yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install python-tilecache
 yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install pgRouting

If you are interested in becoming a contributor, we are very happy. Please
feel free to contact me if you have any queries.

Thanks
Viji Nair
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Viji_V_Nair