[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G rpm packaging

Viji V Nair viji at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 17 07:26:27 PST 2010

Hi

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il> wrote:
> On 17/11/2010 12:03, vijinair wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a Fedora project contributor and have been working on Linux for the
>> last 10+ years, specifically on GIS projects for the last 4+ years.
>>
>> We are adding more GIS application to fedora. If everything goes fine,
>> there
>> will a GIS/Geo spin for Fedora 15. Please have a look at:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Geo_Spin
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GIS
>>
>> The following new packages have been pushed for Fedora 13/14 and rawhide
>> (F15), currently under testing.
>>
>> pgRouting (Provides routing functionality to PostGIS/PostgreSQL)
>> tilecache (A web map tile caching system)
>>
>> To test:
>>  yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install python-tilecache
>>  yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install pgRouting
>>
>> If you are interested in becoming a contributor, we are very happy. Please
>> feel free to contact me if you have any queries.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Viji Nair
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Viji_V_Nair
>>

> Good news. I'm also looking forward to cooperation between this project and
> elgis.
> I tried to look thru the list of packages ("Actual Content") on
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GIS
>
> but each link goes to a "Invalid PackageBuild name" page.  Where can we see
> what's already available?
> Thanks,

Sorry about this, fixed now.

packages mentioned in the "Actual Content" section are available as a
part of stable release, just do a "yum install <package name>"

packages mentioned in "New Packages Pushed" are under testing, to use
the same run "yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install <package
name>". The same will be pushed to stable after a week (if no bugs
reported)

Thanks
Viji