[OSGeo-Discuss] What are the most important GIS functions?

Daniel Ames dan.ames at isu.edu
Fri Nov 19 07:04:38 PST 2010

Friends,

I have a student who is asking this fairly straightforward question as part
of his research effort in GIS. We searched high and low in the literature
and haven't found any sort of definitive statement or research result
ranking the importance of various GIS capabilities so I encouraged him to
create a survey and ask the GIS community. We are sending the survey to many
groups so that we don't get a project specific bias so I apologize if you've
already seen this request. Likewise if you are aware of a GIS mailing list
that would be appropriate for this survey, please let me know.

Your participation in this survey would be much appreciated!

Link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TDZNHKG

On behalf of Anderson Sandes,

Dan

--