[OSGeo-Discuss] Montreal Code Sprint 2011

Connors, Bernie (SNB) Bernie.Connors at snb.ca
Tue Nov 23 07:48:21 PST 2010

If you are linking data to locations on a map it is a GIS.  One of the best descriptions of GIS I have heard is: "GIS is a two-way conversation between a map and a database" or something like that.

Just because your software cannot not perform advanced analysis like GRASS or ESRI does not mean it is not a GIS.

Bernie.
--
Bernie Connors, P.Eng
Service New Brunswick