[OSGeo-Discuss] gdal-grass soname issue

Viji V Nair viji at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 25 01:57:24 PST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to build gdal-grass package for fedora (as the gdal
package need to be complied without grass support for bootstrapping)

I could see that the shared libraries does not have a soname
(DT_SONAME ELF field). If an executable is linked with a shared object
which has a DT_SONAME field, when the executable is run the dynamic
linker will attempt to load the shared object specified by the
DT_SONAME field rather than the using the file name given to the
linker.

Is there any suggestions? or patches available already? I could not
find one ..:(

Thanks
Viji