[OSGeo-Discuss] Looking for dedicated server recommendations

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Oct 3 12:06:51 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 03/10/10 19:51, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Just van den Broecke
>> <just at justobjects.nl> wrote:
>>> Hi Mateusz,
>>>
>>> I have been using multiple (Root) servers from Hetzner http://www.hetzner.de
>>> the last 5 years and am very happy with their price/quality. best regards,
>>
>> Another happy Hetzner client (7+ years)...
>
> Hetzner looks interesting to me.
>
> I'm just wondering if and how much "optional" features I will need to
> buy to have full access to the machine resources :-)

I didn't buy anything else than a standard package. They even offer
100GB backup space included.

> Do you guys access the systems through SSH or VNC?

Yes and yes. And you can order for free a temporary console if you
mess up the boot sequence :) They have 1+ Gbit/s connection etc.

So it behaves like an own server, just in a different place.

cheers
Markus