[OSGeo-Discuss] RE: Yahoo Geoplanet Versus GeoNames

Connors, Bernie (SNB) Bernie.Connors at snb.ca
Fri Oct 8 10:49:57 PDT 2010

I believe there is an error in the article from cosmocode:
http://www.cosmocode.de/en/blog/schoenborn/2010-01/24-free-geo-data-solutions-compared-geonames.org-vs.-yahoo-geoplanet

It says that Yahoo GeoPlanet does NOT Provide Geo coordinates but this link from GeoPlanet does show coordinates:
http://isithackday.com/geoplanet-explorer/index.php?woeid=2500105

Perhaps GeoPlanet has been updated since the cosmocode article was written.
--
Bernie Connors, P.Eng
Service New Brunswick