[OSGeo-Discuss] Commercial support (Company profile improvement options)
bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Fri Sep 3 09:39:22 PDT 2010
I know this has to be created and managed somehow, but here are some ideas on this:
* Could there be some way of collecting business information related to not only OpenSource software but also a
means for companies to describe themselves in their own words, even as it pertains to non-open products, as these
are often a concern when bidding on projects.
* A simple one pager type of thing, listing software (open and proprietary, possibly with the Open source stuff
highlighted and linked) and a general company resume, maybe even including a link section for past projects.
* Inclusion of the prospective company logo on the profile page.
* A list of company partners.
* It would be real nice as a company owner for example, to be able to link directly to a OSGEO "support" registry
page. I think a system like this would keep things updated regularly. I keep forgetting the entry is even in
there for my interests because I don't touch it enough.
Some possible enhancements to such a business registry:
* A means to link back to the prospective companies information pages directly, then the information only needs to
be built once. Is there a Company Resume data format standard for this already?)
* A method of standardizing the data constructs for such an information page so that the same company profile could
be used for other similar discovery mechanisms like the proprietary side of the equation. Who has experience with
Oracle and PostGIS, etc.
Is this sounding like it does to me, like a Project unto itself, like LiveDVD? Such an enhancement should be able to be
populated by the existing data initially, and then expanded upon by each business. Is there some similar project
already out there that might be leveraged for the same tasks?
On 9/3/2010 6:52 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 03/09/2010 11:49, Sebastian E. Ovide ha scritto:
>> Are you guys aware of companies that provide commercial support for
>> OSGeo ?
> Hi all.
> To me, this means our marketing could be improved, raising the visibility of the
> commercial support page.
> All the best.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss