[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [OSGeo-Women] Post FOSS4G2010 thoughts

Alan Palazzolo alan at zzolo.org
Mon Sep 13 01:20:42 PDT 2010

Please note that the following points in the OSGeo Goals easily
encompass the idea of fostering specific communities as well as
increasing diversity:

* To promote the use of open source software in the geospatial
industry (not just foundation software) - eg. PR, training, outreach.
* To ensure a high degree of quality in foundation projects in order
to build and preserve the foundation "brand".
* To make foundation and related software more accessible to end users
- eg. binary "stack" builds, cross package documentation.
* To provide support for the use of OSGeo software in education via
curriculum development, outreach, and support.

Plus one could easily argue for a number of the other goals for this
case as well.

--
Alan Palazzolo
alan at zzolo.org