[OSGeo-Discuss] WMS and layer stacking.

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Sep 14 12:45:50 PDT 2010

Balint?,

I was after something for a definition related to a image class, background, foreground, label, marker, etc.

We've been using things with respect to stacking with Client side ordering for the most part for quite a long while now.

I'm working on a AutoCAD OGC importer (besides just MAP 3D based) and the ordering aspects are time consuming if left up to the users.  So any sort of ordering would have helped.  It looks like the ordering is based on how the service advertises it's layers from what I've been able to find.

bobb

>>> Balint Persics <persicsb at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

IMHO layer Z-order is defined by clients who use the maps. Think about
it: when using PosGIS, Oracle Spatial or any other geoinfor resource,
the Z order is undefined by the resource server, it is up to resource
clients to display them to any Z order the define.

Cheers,
Balint

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 20:59, Bob Basques <Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:
> All,
>
> does anyone know if there is a layer hierarchy setting in the WMS service,
> which layers are on top of which layers (Z value=)?
>
> Thanks
>
> bobb

Persics Balint