[OSGeo-Discuss] Geopaparazzi released

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Sep 26 12:42:42 PDT 2010

On 09/25/2010 02:45 AM, andrea antonello wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
> today we finally released the first version of Geopaparazzi on the
> android market. The project is released under GPLv3 an available on
> the homepage of the project [0].
>
> Geopaparazzi is a tool developed to supprot very fast qualitative
> engineering/geologic surveys. It integrates completely with the BeeGIS
> digital tablet extentions, i.e. the data are imported straight into
> the GIS from the phone for further processing [1].
>
> Geopaparazzi is sold on the Android market and supports the
> development of Geopaprazzi itself as well as the projects developed by
> the same team: JGrass, JGrassTools and BeeGIS.
>
> That said, I leave you to the documentation on the main website.
>
> Thanks for the attention,
> Andrea
>

> [0] http://www.geopaparazzi.eu
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/35zucxt

I look forward to playing around with the app, looks really useful.

One minor comment looking at the screenshots of the app on your website.
It looks like you are using the OSGeo logo as the compass in your app.
While the nod towards OSGeo is appreciated I think it's an inappropriate
use of the logo (Copyright and possibly trademark infringement). So I
kindly advise the design of another compass for the app.

Thanks,
Alex
OSGeo Marketing Committee