[OSGeo-Discuss] Trac instance for EL GIS

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Sep 29 01:03:50 PDT 2010

Hello,

since last June we have put in place the Enterprise Linux GIS project
(or rather interest group), using the wiki and mailing-list provided
by OSGeo (many thanks for that!):
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS

We have set up a stable and a testing RPM repositories in order to be
able to maintain recent stable versions of FLOSS GIS software for use
on the Enterprise Linux platform.
The latest stable versions of GDAL, GRASS, MapServer and PostGIS are
now available, thanks to contributions and testing from the
mailing-list users.

While working on the packaging, some minor issues are raised which
cannot be fixed right away by lack of time, as well as ideas for
enhancements or new packages.
We thought that it would be good to track them properly and wanted to
ask if we could get a Trac instance for this?

Another question is whether it is possible to create other Wiki pages
if this one becomes too big (esp. for howtos which tend to grow
quickly).
If yes, is there any particular guidance with regard to naming etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu