[OSGeo-Discuss] Hello everybody

Carsten Troelsgaard troelsgaard53c at live.dk
Wed Apr 20 09:21:13 PDT 2011

> It should be possible to use the .net bindings of GDAL maintained by
> Tamas Szekeres from VB.Net though I must confess I haven't tried it myself.
> That should be a relatively easy way of reading GeoTIFF and other geospatial
> raster data formats.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I just tried to install GeoNetWork. I cann't have informed myself well enough .. or wasn't able to to see, that Java was a prerequisit. The Java-install had a conspicuous silent exit (without a confirmation of successful install). The following install of GeoNetWork could not proceed to the end, but I think that it popped a 'success'-screen. It doesn't work, and none of the programs seem to exist persistently enough for an uninstall, though the startMenues are present. I would call that a spectacular fiasko. Or have I grown too complacent at the latest ..?..
Frank Warmerdam, GDAL cann't be worse than that. I do the black screen reboots in my own programming ;o)

I did read the libTiff. It's informative enough for me to get going on Tiff.

Carsten