[OSGeo-Discuss] pycsw 0.1.0 released

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 06:28:18 PDT 2011

Hi Paolo,

As Tom already explained, we want pycsw to be a standalone CSW
implementation.
You are right that we aim to have a light server. Also we want to make
plugin development easy (e.g. for Inspire discovery service, for ISO AP etc)
We feel that this was missing from the C/Python world of Geospatial Services
:)

Regards,
Angelos

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:

> Il giorno mer, 20/04/2011 alle 02.38 +0300, Angelos Tzotsos ha scritto:
> > The pycsw team announces the release of pycsw 0.1.0. This is the first
> > release of the project towards version 1.0.0.
>
> Thanks Angelos. From a quick look, I do not understand if this aims to
> be a lighter, non-java replacement for GeoNetwork, or has a different
> scope. Can you please clarify this?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc