[OSGeo-Discuss] Android vector renderer

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Fri Apr 29 01:25:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

why not use OpenLayers then? It works on Android, can read vector data
files, gives programmatic access to the features and geometries, and
supports the creation of vector features. And if wrapped in PhoneGap
or Titanium, it will also give you write access to the file system.

Andreas.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Johannes Bolz <johannes-bolz at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am looking for a vector rendering library for the Android OS that should
> be able to:
>
> - render vector data from a file (preferrably .osm)
> - give programmatical access to the file's features and shapes
> - support overlays for vector creation (similar to OpenLayers)
>
> The apps/libraries I've found so far lack at least one of those
> functionalities. The second point doesn't need to be met if the app reads
> from an XML-style file (which I might evaluate separately).
>
> I'm developing an indoor map application that should be able to evaluate
> it's underlying data.
>
> Kind regards,
> Johannes

Andreas Hocevar