[OSGeo-Discuss] Introduction to geospatial open source event at FOSS4G

Peter Batty peter at ebatty.com
Fri Apr 29 15:31:38 PDT 2011

Hi all,

This has already been mentioned on the FOSS4G list, but I wanted to make
sure that everyone was aware that we'll be a doing a one day "introduction
to geospatial open source" event the day before the main conference starts,
in parallel with the pre-conference workshops. This will be aimed at a broad
audience, but in particular at users, developers and managers involved with
geospatial software / GIS who haven’t yet had significant involvement with
open source. It will work equally well as a standalone event, or as a way of
getting up to speed to get the most out of the full FOSS4G conference.

More details at http://2011.foss4g.org/intro-details/.

If you know of people who could benefit from this, please let them know!
We'll be publicizing it through various channels.

The event is being organized by Brian Timoney, who has previously run
several similar events locally. We have several speakers lined up already,
and we'll be looking over the abstracts submitted to the main conference
also, and may ask some people to participate based on those. If you have
suggestions or interest in participating feel free to contact Brian or
myself.

Cheers,
    Peter.