[OSGeo-Discuss] Do we want OSGeo-Live on a USB or DVD at FOSS4G?

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 2 16:32:17 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-02, at 3:57 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> In Barcelona, we were unsure whether the USB version would work on most computers, so we gave USB's to presenters only, who we thought would likely be forgiving if it didn't work) and we gave DVDs to everyone else.

I think cost would have been the main barrier anyway.  My rough checks have showed USB alternatives to hold 2-4GB is at least 10-20x cost of DVD.  (say $25 vs $2) Maybe someone can find a better supplier, but I did check a few places a while back.  It might have been that I was only looking for ones with OSGeo branding on them though too.