[OSGeo-Discuss] online open source polygon mapping, like OSM?

Nitin Gadia nittyjee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:44:05 PDT 2011

Thanks for that tutorial. I'll need to first have administrative access to
both GeoServer and PostgreSQL running on a server.

So, I'm thinking of setting up, as I mentioned, both mapserver via geomoose
and geoserver.

I am new to all of this, so I'm going to send questions to the individual
mailing lists to get help setting up.

Does anyone think there is a way I can just use the tools through a server
providing the tools as a free service?
If I should just go ahead and install everything on my own server, I was
thinking of setting up a server through godaddy, a third-party service. Is
this a bad idea? I don't want to have any problems, and they're good with
customer support. I have no experience setting up a server on my own...

I'll send links to the threads I start on the geoserver and geomoose mailing
lists.

thanks,
nitin