[OSGeo-Discuss] RE: Nomination for OSGeo Board of Directors: Jo Cook

Antony Scott Antony.Scott at sustain.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 08:16:16 PDT 2011

I would like to nominate Jo Cook to the OSGeo Board of Directors. Jo has been the OSGeo representative in the UK for a number of years, both formally and in practical terms as our public face, organiser, and advocate. She has ensured that OSGeo has steadily increased in strength over the past three years, with a growing mailing list, and visibility at major conferences and events, including leading well-attended workshops at the OS GIS UK conferences and elsewhere. Jo has also ensured an effective online presence for OSGeo through the OSGeo UK pages of the website, including the recent addition of a number of case studies to the site in a standardised OSGeo format, and through her blog and Twitter feed. On a personal level, speaking as someone who first started working in GIS three years ago, Jo has given me significant support and encouragement in the open source field. I am sure that Jo would be able to bring great strengths and energy to the board.

Antony Scott
Senior Associate (GIS)
Sustain Ltd
Direct line

: +44 (0)1934 864 844

Switchboard

: +44 (0)1934 863 650

Mobile

: +44 (0)7866 455515

E-mail address

: antony.scott at sustain.co.uk<mailto:antony.scott at sustain.co.uk>

Website

: http://www.sustain.co.uk<http://www.sustain.co.uk/>

Sustain is a leading carbon reduction company. Our clients have saved

4,131,800 lifetime tCO2e through working with us (June 2011)

Sustain Ltd.  Registered in England No. 3384793

Barley Wood Stables, Long Lane, Wrington, Bristol BS40 5SA, UK

This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential

and intended solely for the addressee.  If you are not the

intended recipient of this document then you must

immediately inform the sender and delete this e-mail and

any attachments from your system.

E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or

error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,

lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete.  The sender

does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in

the content of this message which arise as a result of

e-mail transmission.