[OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination for Michael Gerlek to OSGeo Board 2011

Aaron Racicot aaronr at z-pulley.com
Thu Aug 4 14:22:14 PDT 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to nominate Michael Gerlek for the
OSGeo Board.  Michael (known to many as MPG) has been an active member
of the OSGeo community from the very first planning meetings in 2006.
He has been a Charter member of OSGeo since 2006 and has actively
participated in many functions of OSGeo including leading the Visibility
committee.  Michael also co-founded CUGOS, the regional OSGeo chapter in
the Pacific Northwest.  He is actively involved in many open source GIS
projects, and now dedicates himself to full time consulting work in the
open source GIS space through his company Flaxen Geo Consulting.  He has
a long history in participating with the OGC and could bring unique
experience in that arena to the board.  Most importantly his
participation in the OSGeo board would bring great industry insight,
leadership experience, and a true dedication to furthering the OSGeo
mission.  I strongly encourage the OSGeo community to consider Michael
as a valuable addition to the board and the OSGeo family.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Mpg

Thanks for your consideration.

Aaron

--