[OSGeo-Discuss] Candidate's Thoughts on OSGeo

Alex Borrell borrellalex at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:50:54 PDT 2011

I'd like OSGeo to increase its presence in not-developed areas in
LatinAmerica (where I am :)), Asia and
Africa. Maybe we cannot achieve much in the economical, but there is a
potential to grow the number of users.
Support for small regional OSGeo conferences as a step to the main one
(FOSS4G). Translations (they really
never end). But the real challenge will be to attract non technical users to
FOSS4G. Probably joining forces
with goverments and education would be a necessary first step.

I think OSGeo is pretty succesful, and trying to reach further makes sense,
which I hope would bring more
users to it.

Regards,
Alex Borrell