[OSGeo-Discuss] RE: Board Nomination -- Regina Obe Decline

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Aug 10 14:24:35 PDT 2011

David,

Thank you very much for this nomination.  It is a great honor to be so well
respected by you. It is also with much regret that I decline your offer.

I really had intended on accepting this, but after thinking about the extra
responsibility this position would require,

I realized I would be spreading myself too thin,feeling a bit out of my
element, and regret later not being able to serve OSGeo as well as I wanted
to.  I would also be possibly depriving others with more energy and will
from making their impact.

We have a bright and very energetic group of nominees, and I'm looking
forward to seeing many of them, including David

serve on our board.

Yours in spirit,

Regina

> I nominate Regina Obe for the OSGeo Board of Directors. Regina is a member
> of the PostGIS steering Committee and has been an OSGeo Charter Member
since
> 2009. Regina has a particular strength that is very rare in the Open
Source