[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Board Election 2011 - Time to vote

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 11 07:06:14 PDT 2011

OSGeo Charter Members,

The voting period for the OSGeo 2011 Board Election [1] is now open, and
voting will close at 23:59 (your time zone) on Sunday August 21, 2011.
To help make this process as easy as possible, we are using a very
simple online form to collect your votes.  The site also allows us to
enforce the vote limit, and at the same time to update the contact
information that we have for our charter members. Note that you still
have the opportunity to vote via email the old fashioned way if you
prefer, please see instructions below.

All charter members should have received a personal email with voting
instructions a few hours ago, including your personal link to submit
your votes online. (Email subject "Please vote for OSGeo Board Election
2011" and coming from cro at osgeo.org)

IMPORTANT: If you did not receive the personal email with voting
instructions then please contact us at cro at osgeo.org so that we can sort
out the situation ASAP.

Here is some additional information about the vote (also included in the
personal email):

The 2011 nominee list is available online at:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Member_Nominations_2011

Important Notes:

* Only Charter Members are eligible to vote
* Choose from Board Member Nominations 2011 list [2]
* You have two options for voting: completing the survey form or
emailing your votes (to cro at osgeo.org with a list of names up to 5 lines
long - one vote per board slot)
* You can cast up to 5 votes, for 5 different people. Multiple, emailed,
votes for one person will be counted as one vote.
* Voting closes at 23:59 (your timezone) 21-August-2011
* Results will be posted at Board Election 2011 Results [3]
* Contact cro at osgeo.org with questions

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2011
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Member_Nominations_2011
[3] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2011_Results

Thank you for your participation!

P.S. I will be on vacation starting tomorrow, and Tyler Mitchell will
take on the CRO job during my absence.

Daniel Morissette
OSGeo Chief Returning Officer (2011)