[OSGeo-Discuss] North America (Seattle) codesprint -- last chance to save it!

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Aug 17 17:09:37 PDT 2011

Without being able to attend a code sprint in Seattle, I would like to ask,
if this isn't something OSGeo Foundation would be able to cover the risks
for. In my opinion this is one of the events OSGeo could support, because it
has a high impact on its projects.
Leaving such a risk on individuals is likely to make this kind of events
difficult to organize.

Daniel

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:10 AM, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com> wrote:

> The goal of hosting the 2012 North American code sprint here in Seattle is,
> unfortunately, almost dead.
>
> To date I have received almost $4K in sponsorship money -- thank you to
> Airborne Interactive, Anonymous/CUGOS, Development Seed, and LizardTech! --
> and almost $4K in the form of seven registrations from individuals.
>
> However, this doesn't get us to the $12K needed to reserve the facilities
> and minimize my risk of defaulting.
>
> If you are interested in attending and can pay the $525 fee (registration +
> lodging + meals) in advance, please contact me.
>
> I will try to drum up some more interest down in Denver next month, but the
> longer we wait the higher the chance the facility won't be available
> anymore.  After FOSS4G, if we haven't raised enough funds, I'll be
> refunding
> the sponsorship and registration monies.
>
> Details on the event can be found here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IslandWood_Code_Sprint_2011.  Thanks!
>
> -mpg

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan