[OSGeo-Discuss] 30m SRTM worldwide?

Sylvain JM Desmoulière syltao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:31:09 PDT 2011

I used a re-sampling to 30m of SRTM-DEM (made by Brazilian INPE) and observe
a visual superposition between GRASS-r.watershed river network output and
2001 Landsat7 deforested areas (the nearest date after SRTM) (see
http://yepca.org/wp3/?p=349)
As you suggest, I'll verify if CGIAR SRTM-DEM is better in such flat area
with forest/cultivation patchwork.
In first analyze, ASTER GDEM gave better river network, even with the theses
20-30m holes or larges areas artifacts!... but more job is necessary to
verify and understand why!

Sylv