[OSGeo-Discuss] Seeking Articles, Reports, and Volunteers for Volume 9 of the OSGeo Journal

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Sun Jan 16 14:17:22 PST 2011

Hi,
i can have contribution for GeoShield
(http://sites.google.com/site/geoshieldproject/) and istSOS
(http://istgeo.ist.supsi.ch/software/istsos/): we use bot for managing
pubblic administration applications like: hydro-meteo monitoring network
data management, hazard zonation and water protection zones web portals.
All are in a production environment and completely open source.

Maxi

On 01/13/2011 10:49 PM, Landon Blake wrote:

> While Tyler Mitchell is working hard to wrap up the work and publish
> Volume 8 of the OSGeo Journal, I've started work with some of our
> other volunteers on Volume 9. We hope to publish Volume 9 at the
> beginning of April.
>
> Please let me know if you are interested in contributing an article to
> Volume 9, or if you can volunteer to help put it together. We need
> authors, reviewers, editors, and LaTex handlers.
>
> As a reminder, you can also submit articles for publication in the
> peer-review section of the Journal.
>
> Volume 9 will also be filling the role of our annual report. So I'll
> be asking each OSGeo Project and OSGeo Chapter for a brief report
> about last year's activities. We'd like to get all articles and
> reports for Volume 9 submitted by the end of February so our volunteer
> team will have time to review and request revisions from the authors.
>
> If you want to help or submit material for Volume 9, please e-mail me
> (sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com <mailto:sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com>)
> or let us know on the Journal mailing list:

> You can find the wiki page for Volume 9 here:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Journal_Volume_9
>
> Thanks,
>
> Landon Blake
>
> Project Land Surveyor
>
> KSN Incorporated -- Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors
>
> Mobile: (209) 992-0658
>
> Office: (209) 946-0268
>
> E-Mail: lblake at ksninc.com
>

> *Warning:
> *Information provided via electronic media is not guaranteed against
> defects including translation and transmission errors. If the reader
> is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error,
> please notify the sender immediately.

Dr. Eng. Massimiliano Cannata
Responsabile Area Geomatica
Istituto Scienze della Terra
Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana
Via Trevano, c.p. 72
CH-6952 Canobbio-Lugano
Tel: +41 (0)58 666 62 14
Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09