[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [TOSprint] Mobile JavaScript Code Sprint, Lausanne, Switzerland, Feb 21 to Feb 25 2011

Cédric MOULLET cedric.moullet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 00:03:52 PST 2011

Hello,
We are happy to welcome two new sponsors for this event: Canton of Jura and
Schweizmobil.
You find further information about the code sprint here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Lausanne_Code_Sprint_2011
Best regards,
Cédric

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Claude Philipona <
claude.philipona at camptocamp.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are glad to announce a one week code sprint focusing on Mobile
> JavaScript that will take place in Lausanne - EPFL - Switzerland
> (http://map.geo.admin.ch/?crosshair=bowl&zoom=6&X=152455&Y=533175) on
> Monday-Friday February 21-25, 2011.
>
> The code sprint focus will be the Mobile JavaScript development. The
> main goal is to work on OpenLayers and extend its capabilities to
> support mobile devices. The second goal is to evaluate Mobile
> JavaScript libraries, like Sencha Touch or JQuery Mobile and begin
> creating bridges to these libraries, similar to the way that GeoExt
> connects OpenLayers and Ext.
>
> The content of the code sprint will be openly discussed on the
> OpenLayers community mailing lists, and we are sure that the work
> started in February in Europe will continue at the Montreal code
> sprint in March.
>
> The following developers have already confirmed their attendance:
> Christopher Schmidt, Tim Schaub, Eric Lemoine, Andreas Hocevar,
> Frédéric Junod, Bart van den Eijnden, Bruno Binet and Pierre Giraud.
> It would be a pleasure to welcome other developers or users willing to
> support this effort in the Mobile development, so don't hesitate to
> contact the organizers for further information.
>
> The code sprint is sponsored by the following administrations,
> universities and companies: Canton of Zürich, Canton of Neuchâtel,
> City of Uster, City of Vevey, Geoportail Luxembourg, EPFL, Swisstopo,
> OpenGeo, Nokia and Camptocamp.
>
> The code sprint is organized by Camptocamp and Swisstopo.
>
> We look forward to a great code sprint and don't forget that
> Switzerland is a very nice place to ski! A ski event will probably be
> organized before or after the code sprint. And finally, we also thank
> all the sponsors for their support !
>
> Claude Philipona and Cédric Moullet

Welcome to my world: http://www.cedricmoullet.com/
My Linked In profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cedricmoullet