[OSGeo-Discuss] Geenral question about pinging a service for"aliveness" . . .

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Mon Jan 24 09:09:28 PST 2011

I started a Python library on this some time ago, based on the FGDC
service status checker [1] approach, which can give some ideas on
how/what is monitored.

It would be valuable to have some health check type tools here; I'd be
happy to contribute the code and setup a public repo/effort.

..Tom

[1] http://registry.fgdc.gov/statuschecker/