[OSGeo-Discuss] Geomajas Geometry Project

Pieter De Graef piedere at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 04:54:46 PDT 2011

Hi Jody,

that's the GeoApi specification no?

At first we would be using it on the GWT client we where hoping to also
include curves, as those can be directly drawn in SVG/VML. At a later stage
we could switch the backend to make use of it as well.

Jody, you have been looking into creating you own Geometry library for some
time now I understand. How would you approach this? I was hoping to start
with something simple, that can grow at it's own pace. Important for me is
that I can use the same objects on both client and server (meaning Java with
some GWT restrictions).

I am also afraid to be re-inventing the wheel, but using 2 different
libraries on client and server would be a shame when using GWT...