[OSGeo-Discuss] Government role in FOSS4G fostering?

Shin, Sanghee endofcap at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:47:22 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm Sanghee from Korea.

Our local chapter is currently carrying out a small research project on why Korean government should foster FOSS4G. This project is funded by a national research institute.

The rough scope of this research will include, but not limited to,

1. Advantage & benefits of FOSS4G fostering in national R&D program
2. Role of government to foster FOSS4G
3. How to activate the local FOSS4G developer, user community

This research will be conducted mainly in a way of case study of other countries'.

So, if you have similar case in your country or have any other good start point, please let me know. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sanghee