[OSGeo-Discuss] MapQuery 0.1.0 released

Steven Ottens steven at minst.net
Thu Jul 28 12:56:45 PDT 2011

MapQuery 0.1 released

The MapQuery Community is happy to announce the first release of
MapQuery: v0.1.

MapQuery, formerly known as GeoJQuery, has been an idea for several
years and now, with this first release, it is an actual product you can
use. We would like to thank Geodan for hosting the codesprint that
kickstarted this release. We would also like to thank the communities of
OpenLayers, jQuery and GeoExt for inspiration, answers, software and
general awesomeness.

Release details

Download the zip file here, unzip it get the dependencies with the
/lib/getdeps.sh script and check out the demos.
To get involved you can:

   * fork MapQuery from GitHub
   * join the mailinglist
   * file issues
   * hang out on IRC
   * join the foss4g codesprint

About MapQuery

MapQuery is a pure javascript based library which builds upon
OpenLayers, jQuery and jQuery UI to provide an easy to use webmapping
library. It is meant for jQuery application developers who want to build
Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) with maps. Currently it provides a few
basic widgets to create functionality around a map and an easy API to
write your own widgets.

The first release includes:
-the main map widget
-FeatureInfo widget