[OSGeo-Discuss] online open source polygon mapping, like OSM?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jul 29 17:44:42 PDT 2011

http://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/2044/digitizing-buildings-in-potlatch

The key is that it's a different tool (like most GIS desktop). It's a
line that has the same start/end point and then a proper tag to indicate
what it is. You can see in downloads of OSM data that buildings etc get
put into a polygon layer separate from the line layers.

If you have more questions try the OSM mailing lists.

Thanks,
Alex