[OSGeo-Discuss] Training and certification

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Jun 10 00:18:36 PDT 2011

I appreciate all these varied viewpoints, so keep them coming!  It's not my recommendation, so I don't have anything to defend thankfully ;-)

Stepping back, I wonder if maybe the high response on this survey question more reflects an innate need that some feel is not being currently met.  That is, how wide really is the grasp of current trainers to meet the global demand?

I know that I'm not familiar with all of the various trainers out there, but how geographically disbursed are they and how many students do they reach each year?  Not expecting an answer but certainly makes me wonder if that's what respondents were thinking too.  Certainly also makes me want to start cataloguing trainers ... hmmm.

Thanks for the thoughts.. hope there are more!