[OSGeo-Discuss] Advice - alternative to google maps v3 Javascript API????

Dan Putler dan.putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Tue Jun 28 08:51:02 PDT 2011

Hi Mark,

OpenLayers is just the map display part of the puzzle. Once you move
into implementing the tracking yourself, and not using Google API
services, you will need road layer data (OpenStreetMap data comes to
mind here) and a back-end database (PostGIS/PostgreSQL or possibly
SpatiaLite or the spatial extension to MS SQL Server).

Dan